Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Formative Tears...

Ok, I'm kind of new to this, so be kind with your critiques.

I'm laying in bed at 1:30 am, watching The Travel Channel, thinking about my son. Just now, I realize how much I miss him. Wait... that's not accurate. I realize how much of him I'm missing.

My son is almost seven years old; the preverbial "age of reason," and I see him three days out of a week, on average. Be that as it may, when I'm sitting here alone, thinking of him, it seems like I missed the most important parts of his life.
Anthony Bourdain isn't helping, either!

This episode of "No Reservations" features a bottomless pit of a story about an elderly man's escape from North to South Korea. The man tells of how he escaped, leaving his wife and kid behind, not to see them again for over a year. The story ends in him telling of how his last wish is to return to his homeland and cry his eyes out at his parents' graves.

By the way, I Now, I don't feel like a wimp, because even Mr. Bourdain is left teary-eyed. But, Tony here is on vacation in Korea, not sitting alone in his room thinking about his troubles like I am. (Whew! I ALMOST dropped a tear, there.)
What am I going to do? My son needs me in these, his formative years. I cannot fail him. I won't, GOD Willing.

GOD Bless me.

GOD Bless him.

GOD Bless us all.

Good night... well, morning. (You know what I mean.)


Your Narrator,

Vince Williams
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment