Tuesday, April 26, 2011

...April Showers bring???

Relationships, Relationships, Relationships.

It's spring time!  The trees are budding, birds are singing, and people everywhere  are starting new relationships.  The worst (and best) part about a relationship is the beginning. That good old ackward "getting to know one another" stage. It's the time when you're feeling each other out; careful to avoid stepping on anyone's toes.  I love and hate it!

I love hearing about another person's likes and dislikes.  Love seeing the myriad of expressions on a lady's face when she tries to convey not just a concept, but the feelings she felt when something happened to her and how it changed her life.  I love the intrigue in trying to find out what makes her tick.  Likes and dislikes...  Views on life...  Aspirations for the future...  All of that is fun and fresh and intriguing.  It leaves me with a smirk and anticipation for tomorrow's adventure.

Downside: PRETENSE.  I, being one who prides himself on his authenticity, do not like to fake as if I am something or someone I'm not.  Consequently, I don't like to be misled.  Oh, I've seen Chris Rock's stand-up on women, men, and lies (If you haven't, here it is.), but, I'm not talking about big lies.  I'm not even talking about small, one-time lies (though, I don't like them, either).  I don't like the small, constant, "if he likes me, he will still like me regardless of this" lies.

What do I mean?  What kinds of lies do they tell?  Hmmm...  There's the "Body Magic" lie.  The weave lie.  The "I'm very spiritual/religious" lie.  And let's not forget the dreaded "I'm a virgin" lie.  (shudder)  That's just the women.  Men tell other kinds of lies.  The good old "I live alone" lie.  The ever-popular "I drive a [insert luxury car here]" lie.  The "my hairline has always been like this" lie.  The "I don't have any kids" lie.  None of them are cool to tell and all have to be supported by other "small" lies.

Some people say they want a person who will accept them as they are, but won't let their prospective mate know who they really are until it's too late.  Those same people say they want to be a better person because of their mate and vice-versa.  How is he/she going to help make you a better person if they completely accept every flaw you have?



Look, I don't profess to know the answer to this relationship thing.  I just get disappointed when I tell the truth and am forthright and STILL get called a liar.  I just think it would be better if we all were a little more honest.  That way, the relationship cycle wouldn't give you that sinking feeling you get when you realize you've been lied to (or you've been found lying), but really like the person and wish this hadn't happened, cause you think he/she may... have... been... "THE ONE".


Think about it.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

1 comment:

  1. Well said Mr. Williams :)
    I definitely think that we all need to be more honest not only in our relationships but also to ourselves. There is no point trying to live the life of someone else. We all need to accept and be grateful for what we are given and make the best of it.
    I am looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete